Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 August 2011

Walking the Path

Some time we just have to keep walking the Dhamma Path even when our meditation is boring or it seems that nothing is happening. Because I'm back at Uni now life is busy, so busy that I'm getting up at 4 a.m. in order to meditate and then study. It seems that nothing is happening in my meditation, but I know that this is wrong. I've had both a dose of gastroenteritus (courtesy of my son) and a molar removed in the last two weeks. I noticed a deeper patience than I've seen before. Also I'm just happier. The desire expressed in the recitation of "May I be free from anger. May I be happy, calm, gentle, patient, forgiving and full of this wonderful blissful Metta", ultimately leaks into your life away from the cushion.

No comments:

Post a Comment