Total Pageviews

Friday 17 August 2012

Tantra on The Great South West Walk

I am planning to walk the GSWW(http://www.greatsouthwestwalk.com/intro/) from  November 19,  you are welcome to accompany me.  The walk is a minimum of 12 days, if you average 20 km + a day and don't take any rest days. Most people, including myself,  take two weeks to complete the walk. See the map above. About 80 km of the walk is along the beach.  There is no cost.
Disclaimer:  At no point do I accept liability for loss of property or injuries sustained whilst on this work. You accompany me at your own risk.

Selection Criteria
Bail points much after day two, when you are within phone range of Portland are limited. So you need to be fit enough to walk 25 km a day whilst carrying 20 + kg. This is the one non-negotiable criteria. Anyone who is clearly unfit  will be rejected on application. Most likely we will walk the Eastlink Trail (http://www.eastlink.com.au/page.aspx?cid=106) and see how people hold up. I am no speed demon and average about 5 kph over the sort of terrain we will be walking.
Applications and questions are to be via Facebook. You can find me at "Tantra of The Light".

The terrain is pretty flat. It is a fuel stove event, especially along the beach. The facilities as far as washing yourself, clothes etc., are nonexistent on the walk and limited in Nelson....so expect to get smellyish. Water on the walk is courtesy of rainwater tanks....so the amount isn't unlimited. Mobile phone coverage, if the websites are anything to go by, is pretty good. I would suggest acquiring a solar recharger for mobiles, ipods etc., Please ensure that walking boots are broken in, the first time I tried this walk I ended up with egg sized blisters from wearing only one set of socks instead of two and had to bail after day 2. Also know how to set up your tent and work your stove

I intend to practice meditation and yoga whilst on the GSWW. I will be bring a Dharma and or Tantra book with me. So don't expect any formal teachings.
Being Tantrics,  it's byo contraceptives & lube. I think skinny dipping in the Glenelg River is up to you. Discovery Bay is both unpatrolled and known to be dangerous, so no swimming there.

Apart from this: enjoy yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment