Total Pageviews

Thursday 17 January 2013

A year on



It is now well over a year since I began to practice Tantra and Yoga. The journey has been interesting in all sorts of unexpected ways.

The practice of Yoga has had a surprisingly magnetic effect in that it has drawn other things to it. My diet is different these days due to both the Yoga and the Salmonella poisoning I had in May of last year. My diet has remained Flexitarian with what seems at times an awful lot of fruit and veggies...most of them raw.

 The alcohol consumption is still way down from what it was before I met Selina and even  from just before I began to practice Yoga.

My exercise is way up. I'm exercising most days now. Feels odd if I don't, I suspect I have an addiction.

My practice of Metta has deepened. I'm not sure if this is entirely due to the Yoga, but I do know from past experience that fitness and Metta are a natural pairing. Yoga helps the entry into meditation. I suspect there is the connection between fitness and meditation happening. Because my body is healthier the mind has less problems with becoming calm and enjoying the meditation...there is less background noise from the body to distract it.

The quality of my life is better. In large part I think to a change in attitude. Yoga helps chill things out. That and the proximity of death in May certainly produced a change in approach to all manner of matters I used to consider worthy of getting all het up about and the vast majority of them aren't worthy of much at all.

I have reached a point where Yoga is a much a part of me as my meditation is. I like what it has and continues to do to my body. I also like self identifying as a Yogi very much. In the coming year I will read the Yoga Sutra's and explore other Yogic and Tantric texts.

Wonderful time to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment