Total Pageviews

Thursday 20 June 2013

My Inspiration


When I genuinely DON'T feel like working out or exercising...I watch TBL. The contestants on this franchise of shows ALL have some serious health problems...and if they don't change, they will only get worse.

Remember I'm an ex-fatty myself. I keep clothes from when I weighed 140 kg. I can't wear the trousers, but they're kept to remind me of when I wasn't healthy. At 140 kg, I looked like the photo below.


I HATED looking like that. My ex certainly hated me being unable to see my own feet. So I would have been eligable to be a contestant on TBL. I see myself in the men in their 30's and know that what isn't being revealed is the high blood pressure, the low libido...and being quick on the trigger when I was doing it and the generally feeling like shit.

In the latest Australian series of the TBL franchise there was a contestant Big Kev who hit the scales at 256 kg. He was asked if a particular work out  was hurting? His reply: I'm already in pain. My ankles and knees hurt.

And this is the thing. When I was obese I felt like shit. I remember how it felt to be dragging around all that extra weight. My current weight is 96 kg. I've lost almost a HALF of what I weigh NOW....44 kg. or to be utterly pedantic. I've lost  ~40 % of my current weight. That's a lot of weight to remove from my heart and joints.

The actor James Gandolfini died today of a heart attack. And when you look at him it isn't hard to see why.
Essentially his body staged a revolt. There is nothing to like in the photo of him. He is only 3 years older than I am. You can see decades of self abuse in that photo. He was a seriously sick man and the heart attack was simply the last act of a body that he had mistreated into illness and ultimately death.

There is another inspiration for my continuing efforts at weight loss and fitness...he is playing in his room. I want to see him grow up and not do what James Gandolfini did and leave a 9 month old behind who will never know their father. My last inspiration is my gorgeous wife who has made this lifetime. My weight loss is a gift to my wife and son.

No comments:

Post a Comment