Total Pageviews

Tuesday 24 May 2011

In the Beginning

This blog is intended to be where I place my thoughts concerning my practice of Metta Bhavana, the Loving-kindness Meditation and the practices of Karuna (Compassion), Mudita (Sympathetic Joy) and Upekkha (Equanimity). I'll post reviews of books on Metta and the other Brahma Vihara (Compassion, Sympathetic Joy and Equanimity) and photo's that I like and quotes that will help with the practice.

Hopefully you will find it interesting and inspiring. The posts here will come from anywhere I find these wonderful mindstates and ways of living expressed. Occasionally there will be posts in Indonesian...I'm studying it at Monash University.
This blog also marks the beginning of my creation of a new online identity. I used to be angulimalo, but he was a creation of my marriage to Seesee Chan and with a new wife, child and being a university student (Bachelor of Arts [Languages]) I feel the time is more than due for angulimalo to follow his namesake into Nibbana.

May you abide today in Metta,
May you not be angry,
May you abide in Forgiveness, health, happiness, safety, contentment and this wonderful, beautiful, boundless, blissful Metta.

No comments:

Post a Comment