Total Pageviews

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Metta and its supports

Metta does not and cannot come into existence by itself, it needs to be nurtured and supported. Some of the supports that I have for Metta are the Anussati (Recollections), I find that the recollections of Generosity and Peace to be very good in causing the precursor to Metta to arise. Once we take joy in giving and recognising that we are nice, gentle and indeed kind people Metta is the next logical step. As a parent of a one year old, peace is a rare commodity in my house. In the morning before my son wakes taking the time to simply sit and wallow in the peace is, at times, almost blissful.
Because we have harsh and uncaring attitudes to ourselves, we are our own worst enemies. I'll work on this after my exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment