Total Pageviews

Saturday 3 March 2012

Tantrayana: Thoughts

The last two weeks have been interesting. We have been studying and practising and integrating Tantra into our lives. Our text has been "The Everything Tantric Sex Book". by Bobbi Dempsey. We are now in the  region of Chapter 14 and Dempsey is talking about how to live a Tantric life. Our response to what we read was "we've been doing this for ages". It makes such sense to treat people well, to be non-judgemental and to take care of ourselves physically and emotionally.

Today marks the beginning of our third week of yoga practice. Traditionally if you pursue a new direction for three weeks or more, the change is permanent. So at the end of the week if we are still doing our Sun Salutations... which is almost guaranteed, then we will have made the change. We find the Salutations to be very invigorating and the perfect transition between meditation and weights. I said to Selina this morning that with the regime of meditation, Kegel exercises, yoga and weights very much in place, that for her, the nice thing in 6 months will be watching the play of muscles across my body as I go throught the sequence of asana.

There is a goal for me to be at 90 kg by my birthday on May 7. I feel that I won't make this. It's a kilo a week and that simply won't happen. What I do feel will happen will be an increase in muscle tone. I am doing the above programme in the morning as well as walking about 20 km a week as well as drinking the protein shakes. I will be down from my current 97 kg, but I'll be wearing a surprised look if I'm at 90 kg. I will however give it my best shot. One of the saving graces of Aspergers Syndrome is that once a goal is set upon we will generally go through Hell & high water to achieve it.
My meditation continues to be Metta. The Tantra practice is deepening it. We changed our altar to entirely Goddess of Mercy (Avalokitesvara, Kwan Yin, Kanzeon, Kannon) yesterday and the change in the  energy is palpable. A nice change for the better we feel.
Must go. Part of Tantra is keeping your environment pleasant...lawn to be mowed. Scented candle lit, then cooking Milk Rice followed by most like a version of this morning....yoga, weights, Kegels.

No comments:

Post a Comment