Total Pageviews

Monday 27 October 2014

Renunciation











 Renuciation comes in a number of different forms. There is the traditional form whose concept is best displayed in the drawing above and then there are other forms that are every bit as challenging as starving yourself or self flagellating with a cat o' nine tails.

The renunciation I personally find the hardest is that of sugar. I have an incredible sweet tooth. If it's sweet I'm in. It has taken a lot of discipline to reduce the amount of sugar in my diet. At one point in the early 2000's when I was 140 kg I was eating anything up to 6 tablespoons or in other measurements...almost 100 grams (4 oz) of sugar a day in my coffee alone.



 

Our housemate has taken to stocking our freezer with icecreams. Most industrially made icecream is incredibly sweet....I can literally taste the white sugar in it. I feel like an alcoholic with a Gold Amex card near a liquor shop, renunciation is very hard.

I am dealing with this temptation by concentrating, reflecting on just how toxic white sugar is.
Also having worked my ass off to make it to the toned condition I am in and the work I have to do in order to get where I want to be gives me enough reason to view white sugar as being akin to cyanide. Eating white sugar in the amount I used to and still want to will kill my progress towards what I want to be. Now all I have to do is to gag the voices coming from my freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment